Saturday, November 13, 2010

I've been stamping!

Ok, to prove that both my arms have not fallen off and I have actually been doing some stamping I was just going to post up a picture of a card I made for one of the girl's in my team who is celebrating her birthday today. Coral loves owls and this card features an owl and is using a new stamp set out of the upcoming Summer Mini catalogue.....and then I remembered that I don't think we are allowed to post any photos of the new products until 1 December so tune in then! The card was just gorgeous I must add *g* it featured Daffodil Delight from the new Brights family. I would never have imagined that the Brights would become my favourite but they are (and they still go with Chocolate Chip/Early Espresso!!!)







But then I made this card yesterday afternoon in preparation for my Friday night stamp club. I was playing with the new shimmer paint from Stampin' Up! and Wow - I love this stuff! It comes in 3 colours - champagne, platinum and frost white which is the one I used. There are quite a few different ways of using it but I put it into a spray bottle and topped it up with rubbing alcohol and then spritzed it onto cardstock (Baja Breeze) and it gives it a lovely soft shimmery finish. We have downlights and it looked like hundreds of tiny diamonds sparkling. You can see the sparkle a bit better in the close up. I was trying to remember what it reminded me of/where I'd heard that phrase and then it hit me - Edward Cullen's skin when exposed to daylight lol!


I have used the Welcome Christmas stamp set which is one of the sets on special this month. This is the set you can buy in the bundle with the limited edition Christmas Cocoa paper and if you buy these two products in a bundle you get a free roll of ribbon. I also spritzed some Whisper White cardstock and ran that through my Big Shot with the something Christmas/holiday sizzlits die - you know which one I mean! I will look it up, just had very little sleep the last few nights with a very early start this morning so brain is a bit fried atm. Also please excuse the blue smudge - this card was just my prototype - I normally am a much better stamper *g*

1 comment:

Jo said...

You can post pictures of stuff from the Mini, so I expect to see an update soon :)