Saturday, November 13, 2010

A lovely way of spending a rainy day

Today was a pretty miserable day weather wise in Melbourne but I didn't notice it at all as I was at the Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar and was having fun and stamping! I also didn't notice it as we were in the new convention centre in the city and the room we were in was below ground and windowless! I made swaps - not as many as I wanted to make but swapped them all quickly and got some great ones back! I made these little die cut flowers on sticks with ladybird chocolates. Very simple - I was worried a bit too simple but I had them packaged in cellophane bags so they looked nicer. They went down well (the chocolate probably had a lot to do with that!) and it's something a little bit different. I used the Blossom Party Originals die with the big shot and I would have run the biggest flower (pumpkin pie) through the perfect polka dots embossing folder as well to give it a bit of texture but I have misplaced it. It showed up again since the last time I lost it but it's gone again - I think because they are clear and not so easy to see. I got some wonderful swaps back - thank you to all the girls who swapped with me :-) I also now have a big wish list of items I didn't know I needed!

Regionals was so great this year! I learnt tons. My head is just buzzing with ideas. It's also lovely catching up with other demonstrators and having a fun day stamping with my team. I also won a stamp set in the first prize patrol! It was a set from the upcoming summer mini catalogue that had just been demonstrated and was not a set I would have bought but all during the demonstration I kept thinking how much I just had to have it and then I won it! Shimmer paint was also the Product of the Day and we were shown a lot of ways to use it. Others had also discovered it's wonderful sparkliness as I had last night and there were lots of "Ooohhh's" from those who hadn't!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regionals were great. Saw you get excited when you won your stamp set, I had my fingers crossed but I was not so lucky, it is a great set and I was the same all through the demo wishing I had it. I have my mini mister bottles now so there is alot of sparkle happening in this house. Your swap looks great, I used bigshot too but with balsa wood. Can't wait for convention to come around now, Marls

Gail Kirby said...

Hi Marlene

Ooh never thought of that - balsa wood and shimmer paint....! I was soooo happy I won that set! I don't even think I saw you at regionals???