Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hello,

Haven't updated this for a while and I was on such a roll too! Unfortunately I can't update with any new photos as the 'puter connected to the scanner isn't working (again - it's just over 2 yrs old and we've had so many problems with it)and my digital camera that I can take photos of cards with and connect to this 'puter is at Canon being fixed! Hopefully I'll get it back soon and they'll find out it's their problem. Thin white lines were coming across the images when the shutter was pressed (which would also print out) and turns out it is a world wide problem with some digital cameras that were manufactured from around 2003 - 2006. It wasn't just Canon that was affected either. The parts were made by Sony and it's the glue holding this part down (CCD) that has melted and come unstuck. I wouldn't even have known had I not mentioned it to my friend Chris who is computer and digital camera savvy. I've got a spare digital camera but haven't set that up with the software etc to download off the camera, it's more a spare that is small enough to carry around with me.

Well we had the Stitches and Craft show last week and weekend at Caulfield racecourse. A success I think. Not as many catalogues sold as the Sept show but then the new one is out very soon - email me if you'd like me to hold you a copy. Our hands on workshop went ok....we had hoped for 20 per class per day but some days we only had 7 in :-( The class participants were all happy though so that's the main thing. And quite a few all came back to the stand rushing to buy Stampin' Scrubs!

Next weekend 27 - 29th (starting Friday) we will be back at Caulfield for the inaugral Autumn Paperific show! This is the one that's held in October and has been at various venues, St Kilda Town Hall, Telstra Dome, Docklands and this year in October it will be at the Melbourne Showgrounds. Stacey decided this year to add in an extra show hence the new Autumn Paperific. There will be 25 vendors, including myself and some other demonstrators from Stampin' Up! It promises to be a really good show and is exclusively Papercrafts only - what else could you ask for??!! Well maybe chocolate and thanks to one of our demos who also works for Cadbury, that could be an option on our stand! One thing we will have on our stand though is a surprise!!! And it's a good surprise but you will just have to come along and find out for yourself what it is. We will also be having showbags which include a Bag a Lope so come along and make one of these (I've been given some to pre-do and I always stuff them up at workshops lol!). Well you won't actually make it, you will get the kit in your bag but you can decorate it at the stand. We will be running FREE make and takes on the stand. These will run hourly and I think we're going to have a list up of who's doing what and at what time. We're all going to be doing various techniques so I am sure you will learn something. I'm doing a notebook and a tea bag holder - this has nothing to do with tea bag folding either, but you will get a nice Crabtree & Evelyn tea bag! I'm on Friday and Sat so not sure which day I'm doing what, maybe I'll split them.

Realised now I should have put these into separate posts. Oh well can't be bothered saving and then cutting and pasting.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and don't eat too much chocolate! I have bought myself a 70% cocoa (ie. very bitter!) Lindt egg that the kids don't like lol!

No comments: