Well! I've been tagged! I have been seeing this a lot on other people's blogs, someone picks you to name some random things about yourself and then you nominate 3 new bloggers.
I have been tagged by Karen who tells me she did it to get me to update my blog lol! Well she got a surprise when she went in to my blog to leave the message that she'd tagged me and saw that finally, after 3 months, I had indeed updated it!
A: The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B: Each player answers the questions about themselves.
C: At the end of the post, the player then tags 3 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog
It's easy to do - just cut and paste from the blog you've been tagged from. So...
10 years ago: I was celebrating my son's first birthday! I had made a big chocolate cake to take to daycare - first time he'd had cake! Today he turned 11 - where does the time go? I was living in Perth, had just gone back to work full time at my job at Western Power as the Govt Relations Officer, Jackson had just started in the childcare centre across the road from my office, and lovin' it and my husband was in Hawaii working!!!! What turned out to be a 2 week transfer "helping out at the new aquarium" turned into 10 or 12 weeks - I was not impressed! So I was living life as a single moher for while there, I think had I not been working full time I would have gone crazy! My mum also came up during the week and stayed which was a big help :-) Thanks Mum!
1/ 5 Things on my to-do-list today:
Go to work
Remember to take cake to school for J's birthday (still making those chocolate cakes!)
Attend grade 1 information night
Call various family members in Perth to thank for J's presents
Call niece also in Perth to wish her a happy birthday - also born 19th Feb!
What I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire: Well the obvious - buy big house (with huge scrapbook/stamp room), buy a beach house - right on the beach front, take kids on holiday to Disneyland etc but tonight I found out that my aunty - my mum's sister - in England has just been diagnosed with cervical cancer so I would go over to see and look after her and then when she's feeling better bring her back to Australia so that she can have a really good rest over here in the sunshine and then would fly back and forth between Melbourne and Perth to visit her.
Three of my bad habits:
lateness, shopaholic, laziness and procrastination oh and eating junk food!
Three places I have lived:
Karrinyup, Perth, Western Australia
Port Hedland, North West WA
5 Jobs I have had:
cafe at roller skating rink, filing clerk (eurk!), secretary/pa, govt relations officer, stamping teacher at Starfish Lane
5 things people dont know about me:
1. I have a fear of boats which is bizarre given my dad is a ship's captain and I was practically brought up on them!
2. French was my best subject at school. I picked it up very easily when I was 12 and amazed the teacher. I found I could just read and pronounce the words correctly with no prior knowledge. I went to France when I was 21 and it's amazing how it comes back.
3. I used to be a good swimmer, and swam every day - just loved it. I think I'd be battling now to do 50m!
4. I have psychic abilities. I have had since I was small and have had all kinds of bizarre things happen to me. I didn't know what it was until I was 21 or so and started reading spiritualist books. As I am getting older it's getting stronger and I am always being sent signs to test me! I don't know that it's something that I will eventually learn to develop properly,I'd like to but not sure how to go about it. If I'm meant to do it when the time's right something will happen. It's not scary or freaky, I find it really interesting. I even saw my first aura around one of the guests at a SU workshop I was doing. I couldn't work out where the green light around her head was coming from! Apparently it means she likes gardening....
5. I failed my driving licence twice....and finally got my licence on 1 April... (April Fool's day!)
I tag: Bridget, Sam and Jo...who will probably kill me as her blog is as out of date as mine was lol!
Thanks for reading and thanks Karen for tagging me!