Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Mini Back Pack


Hi

Long time between posts but have been very busy with work and Christmas stuff and think I still need another month let alone 10 days! Haven't even finished my cards yet and have not even been able to get to a post office to buy mailing bags for presents I need to post off - oh the joys. Tomorrow morning one of my lovely stamp club groups wanted to learn how to make the mini back packs that are floating around on the web. No problems said I.....but I guess I should have checked my work roster first lol! So tonight I sat down to make one up for the first time. After my fourth attempt I can tell you I was ready to tell them I was not coming to play tomorrow *pout* but I persevered and am sort of happy with the result. I think it's one of those things that once you make a few they become really easy but I found the instructions I had a little hard to follow - a couple of steps have been repeated and the step by step photographs weren't that easy to see. It is actually quite simple to put together. Hopefully the ladies tomorrow won't have any problems. I have seen a few of these made with patterned paper for the pockets but I tried this and the paper just kept tearing with the scoring and eyelets so I ended up sticking some pieces on the front - it looked very plain without them. I have used Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz c/s with Greenhouse Gala DSP in case you were wondering. I had originally planned to make some packets of fudge up for them to put inside but given the late hour now don't think that's such a great idea lol!

No comments: