Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthday Boy


Well my little baby boy (who is a whole head taller than me) turned 13 on Friday. He didn't want to have a party this year so we went out to dinner on Friday night and then on Saturday he went to the birthday party of one of his friends. Here is the card I made. It uses the Sanded background stamp, Seaworthy stamp set - it's a surfer BTW, my husband said it looked like someone standing next to a tree??? I guess the image being embossed in white does give it a slightly different look but I thought the white embossing powder went with the whole "sea spray" look and it was quicker than colouring it in as I was trying to finish prepping and packing for a workshop that afternoon at the same time! Despite having had this set for almost a year this was the first time I had used it. It's got some great "male" images, the surfer, a yacht and a speed boat as well as a quote by Oprah Winfrey! I also used Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss and Close to Cocoa cardstock. We all know what colour would have looked better but I am trying to slowly wean myself off it!!!

No comments: