Sunday, August 30, 2009

No stamping involved!





Here's a card I made for a party Jackson was off to today. I made it very late last night when I got home from scrapbooking. The last LO I had completed at the crop used these colours and paper so I decided to use these again rather than drag out inks and stamps at that late hour! Very quick to put together and please excuse the blobs of glue. I couldn't find my glue pen and needed something fine tipped so used a clear craft glue.


It doubles as a gift card holder:




Originally the punched out stars on the front of the card were "hollow" (hence needing a fine line of adhesive) which is achieved by first punching with the small size star punch and then punching around that image with the large punch as so:




but then I decided to punch the small stars out again in the same Not Quite Navy c/s as the base card and adhered them to the centres of the outlined stars on dimensionals for a 3D look.

It was a very quick and easy card to put together with the bonus of doubling as the present. I also have to thank Leonie for her suggestion of using the rocket from the Pun Fun set. As cute as it is, being for a 13 yr old I don't think it would have been appropriate somehow lol!

No comments: