Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sparkly Night!

Last night for stamp club, before I served the red velvet cupcakes, we made two cards featuring glitter! I warned the ladies they would go home sparkly and they did! We also learned that the adhesive remover from Stampin' Up! removes any stray specks of glitter from cards! In the close ups of my cards below there is quite a bit of stray glitter, may have to hit them with the adhesive remover!



This first card features the Fifth Avenue Floral set with the large flower glittered (is that such a word?) using heat and stick powder and the green glitter from the Supernova set. It is VERY sparkly IRL! Then, to show the other way of adding glitter to an outline image, the second card uses the Kiwi Kiss ink, versamark and heat and stick powder with the Dazzling Dimonds glitter added to show the Kiwi Kiss ink underneath - this results in a much subtler look - although glitter and subtle aren't usually two words you'd find used in the same sentence lol!



Then we made a card again using glitter, but this time with the new Sticky Cuts. These are die cut stickers cut out of the same material as the sticky strip. You get two 12 x 12 sheets full of images for around $16.95 (too lazy to go and find a catalogue!). One set is all alphas and the other one is called Sweet Cuts and has flowers, hearts, trees, butterflies and a few words. We used the flowers in these cards with the centre a different colour of glitter to the main flower. The stem and leaves were cut using the oval punch - a technique I am very pleased to say I discovered all by myself! And I'll bet someone is going to tell me that it is in fact on SCS and I am not as clever as I like to think I am!!!! This set also features the Enjoy Life stamp set. I think it is a very happy card. It certainly cheered me up when I had finished it (at 2am Friday morning!) as I had had something on my mind for the last couple of days and this just took my mind right off it! I am going to send it to my BFF who lives in Perth and has been having a bit of a sad time lately :-( However they have just bought a chihuahua puppy to cheer themselves all up so I thought the "enjoy the little things" was fitting!

Well that is my blogging quota for the week done I think. I don't have to worry so much about the blogging policewoman being on my back these days as she is busy on her virtual farm lol! Wonder if she will read this *g* love ya Kaz! Ok I am off to finish putting my DSP paper swatch books together and watch Sweet Home Alabama - I'm sure there is a Wilson brother in it! I am done cutting cardstock for Paperific at the moment, think I've given myself RSI with the Dreamkutz (I am serious!)

Ciao for now Gail xxx

No comments: