Sunday, August 19, 2012

Well I have been stamping.....

Unfortunately not taking pictures or blogging them!  Here are a few (I have decided not to update the convention posts, seems like such a long time ago now!).

This is a cute little "doggy bag" we made at Stamp Club last week - I am not sure what happened to it's 3rd paw pad! I got the idea from Jacinta Argent, a NZ demonstrator.  The bag is actually recycled from the packaging paper that comes in the SU delivery boxes! I always have mountains of the stuff but now it is suddenly quite a useful item!  If you flatten it out it also makes great wrapping paper, rub an inkpad in the creases and then stamp over it.

This is the other card we made using the Manhattan Flowers set which is retiring at the end of this month. This card uses a technique where you completely spray the image with water and then just touch the tip of a brush or aqua painter into a drop of reinker and touch it to the image and the colour floods the area.  You emboss it first so it stays within the lines. We used the shimmery white cardstock which was not available in Australia the first time we made this card a couple of years ago. We used watercolour paper instead.  I have just recently discovered the shimmery white cardstock and love it!  This was my sample but the one we made we ran the very vanilla panel through the striped embossing folder - I just thought it needed something extra.

No comments: