Sunday, December 11, 2011

stamp club projects!


This is what my crazy Friday night stamp club ladies got up to this week! The bags were shown as a demonstration at our recent Stampin' Up! regional training day by my lovely friend Janine Rawlins and 2 of the Friday night ladies who attended asked if we could make them at our next get together. I had never made them but Janine kindly gave me the instructions and off we went or rather off they went as I pretty much left them to it lol! I normally precut and prescore everything for the stamp club projects but as I wanted them to be able to choose colours etc I thought it best to let them make them from scratch, also as I pointed out to them, if I do everything they will never learn anything *g*. We went through the bag step by step and it wasn't too hard, sort of thing once you've done once will be easier next time. We also made 3 very simple cards to go inside the totes. I just used coordinating card and embossed them with the Flower Garden embossing folder which matches the Beyond the Garden DSP which was used for the flower and a strip went on the cards too. The cardstock is from the new In Colour range - just love this year's colours!
While they were busy embellishing away I snuck off to finish off little gifts for them (shh they are getting something else in with their orders but don't tell them!). This is tablet, a Scottish fudge that I make each year at Christmas. It is basically condensed milk and sugar boiled up with butter so very healthy and not something the paediatric dentist my daughter sees would appreciate being given even though she insists he would!

No comments: