Monday, August 22, 2011

2 Days - 4 pages!


Ok, so this weekend we have got a Stampin' Up! stand at the Paperific show - I will be there on the Saturday if you happen to be visiting...


Anyhow with a soon to be released catalogue (which we will have for sale at the show) it is time to update our display posters. We have got an extra wall this year and Janine thought it would be a good idea to fill this up with scrapbook pages. I'll be in that said I! Well 2 days and 4 pages later I am wondering what I was thinking and I still have my cards to make! So here are my pages, they are pretty simple but remember they took TWO DAYS to complete lol! Please excuse the poor photography taken late at night, propped up against the microwave and in page protectors to protect them from the cat who never misses an opportunity to sit or walk on my newly created projects. You might remember her from a previous blog hop post.....



The first one uses the new In Colour of Island Indigo as the background and do you like the scallopy-circularly border? That's not pre-bought trim - it's a punch!!! Cool hey! And it was easy to use - I was very surprised being a tad border punch challenged. The top strip is another new In Colour - Lucky Limeade and the bottom one is Melon Mambo. The circles used to embellish the top corner of the photo are also cut from the same design. I have also used a piece of the new scalloped dotty ribbon in ta da - chocolate chip! And before you say anything it was part of a bundle I received for free for being a Manager - there was no choice of colour - honest! I never set out to use these colours but quite like the combination.



This next one uses another new colour, Wisteria Wonder (I have got my unopened inkpads sitting next to me so that I get the names right lol!) as well as Calypso Coral - this colour is everywhere in the clothes shops I've noticed for Spring/Summer. I have also used Bring on the Cake DSP and the icecream cones are stamped from a new set called Pennant Parade and cut out with the Pennant punch and the "ice cream" is the icing from the cup cake punch.



The final layout is a double although a bit of it is missing as the microwave wasn't being very cooperative in holding up the pages. I found this one the easiest probably because it has a few photos, I don't normally scrapbook single photos. This uses Pool Party as the base, which is my favourite I think of the new In Colours and more of the Bring on the Cake DSP. The "splashes" are the commas from the Timeless Type Sizzix alphabet. I have used this alphabet on all of the lay outs. Thanks for visiting and don't forget the Last Chance list finishes on 31st August and the new catalogue starts on 1 September - contact me if you would like a copy and remember you can get one for free just by hosting a workshop!








No comments: