Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Not Stamping Related......

But you could eat it while you were stamping :-)




DD 7 was a bit grumpy when she came home from school this afternoon so to cheer her up I decided to let her help me to do some baking. As my oven seems to be in permanent "burn" mode, I decided something that involved no baking would be in order. Enter Rice Bubble Treats or LCM's as they are commercially known. If anyone knows what LCM actually stands for I'd love to hear it! I have a proper recipe somewhere but as I know the ingredients knew it couldn't be too hard so guessed the quantities and it turned out fine! I also chucked it all into the one bowl and melted it all in the microwave.

Rice Bubble Treats

Place 60g - 90g of butter into a large microwave bowl with a bag of marshmallows. Heat on med high for 3 - 4 minutes until the marshmallows bubble up and it is all melted. Stir to melt the last remains of the butter and to blend into the melted marshmallows. Stir in 4 cups of rice bubbles and pour into a greased foil or baking paper lined slice baking dish. Sprinkle*** with sprinkles and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares.


***As you can see Siobhan went a little overboard with the sprinkles, it was more like pour not sprinkle - she used 1/2 a jar!

Do you like my new look blog?? The background is courtesy of Aqua Poppy Designs (click on the link at the top to go to the site) and my banner was done by my very talented friend
Chris McLucas I just love it! Thank you so much Chris :-)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Aw, gee, you're welcome.

Haven't made LCMs for a while, thanks for the reminder!