Friday, November 16, 2007

Popping in to say Hello!


Hi, it's been so long since I posted - I had to think which button to hit and I can't find the bits that make it coloured or a different font! Oh well, I am here anyway and I have been pretty busy the last few months. Have had lots and lots of workshops and met some lovely new customers who I think are now happily converted to stamping so my work is done lol! I've also been running my Stamp a Stacks making Christmas cards which are also going well. I have made quite a few myself.....just have to remember where I've "safely" put them.... I will upload some photos of the cards (once I find them) over the next couple of days.

You have probably all heard about the sad news of Dave Abbott, the Australian General Manager of Stampin' Up! passing away on 18th October. Stampin' Up! have released a set that is currently only available in the US called All in the Family with 100% of the sale of the set WORLD WIDE going to Dave's family. Dave was only 41 and left a wife and 3 young children. He was a truly wonderful person, I feel very lucky and honoured to have known him. At our regional training seminar last week one of the girls who worked very closely with Dave said how much he would have loved this stamp set - I remember how he was absolutely hanging out for the kids Stampin' Tattoo sets and the kids markers to come out in Australia!

This set retails for $73.95 (???) and to help raise as much money as possible I am taking off my demonstrator discount so that it will only cost you $59.15 plus normal shipping charges. The entire $73.95 will go to Dave's family. I am also putting the orders in at the end of the month (around 29th) so that they will qualify for the hostess benefits and anyone who has purchased the set will be eligible to win something from the hostess benefits. This set is only available until the end of November until April 2008 when it will be available in the Australian Ideas Book and Catalogue, but it won't be at this special price or the proceeds going towards Dave's family. So far the set is selling really well. My own set arrived today, it is made up of 28 stamps. I hope to be able to make some samples for my upcoming workshops over the next couple of weeks. I am also going to put 20 coats of varnish on mine and let the kids play! Keep them occupied for hours I'm sure!

Well it is getting late and I still have a birthday card to make for a party my daughter is going to tomorrow morning. You would think that I'd have a stash of cards ready to go wouldn't you????

No comments: