Tuesday, September 18, 2007

World Card Making Day

October 6th is World Card Making Day. This is a day to celebrate the joy we give ourselves and others in the making and receiving of hand made cards. On the Stampin' Up! website there is a whole spiel about the origins etc. As demonstrators, we are encouraged to run events of some sort to mark the occasion. Still recovering from the Stitches and Craft show, I didn't think I'd have the energy to organise anything but then I decided to go with the "book it and they will come" theory and have now decided to run my first Christmas Stamp a Stack (which I have been saying I'll run since July!) of the year in honour of World Card Making Day. It will be held at my house, on Saturday 6th October at 7.30pm. Email me to book and for the address kirbygail@hotmail.com if you don't already have it. Places will be limited!!! We will make 10 absolutely stunning Christmas cards - 5 each of 2 different designs. $15 per person, everything included, a gift from me and a delicious supper and drinks (be warned, DH has just received another wine delivery but his latest seems much better than the paint stripper he was trying to get last year's SAS guests to try!).

There, it's now on my blog so is official and I have to get organised *g*

No comments: