Sunday, September 9, 2007

Stitches and Craft

Well, the Stitches and Craft show is over and what a week! We did AMAZINGLY well - far better than I had hoped! I am soooo tired, I think I've been to bed at 1am each morning. Last night it was because I decided I needed to do a different project for the seminar workshop/stand demo. I made one and then thought it looked a good male card with the colour scheme, which was good until I noticed the girly flower I'd added lol! So then I had to change the colour scheme. We took a huge gamble doing this show as it cost quite a lot of money for the stand plus all the preparation etc. The September show is generally a bit quieter than the March one with less vendors and therefore potentially less customers - especially the papercrafters as they will be gearing up for the Paperific show in October so it could have gone either way for us. There were not many other stamping vendors at all - although I of course managed to buy a couple of stamps lol!

We sold 216 catalogues and got dozens and dozens of contacts on our lists, not to mention a few recruits and we even had a few orders. Whatever happens, I think we are all going to be extremely busy over the next few months. I think my downline Chris is going to be calling me to help out with her workshops as she is in a popular area! When I got home tonight and checked my emails I already had a message requesting a workshop. I hadn't even taken off my apron! It was also great meeting everyone, including some ladies I used to teach stamping to from my days at Starfish Lane in Elsternwick! And I still remembered their names - how good am I???!!!

I have to give a huge thank you to my friend and co-hort Naomi Mack www.nomimack.com for her dedication and hardwork in getting the show up and running. We couldn't have done it without her. Also a thank you to the other Muddy Girls - Chris, Karen, Melissa, Janine, Bronwyn, Liz, Sam, Kate, Kelly and Jo for making the show such fun!

I am now off to sew my son's wolf costume for school tomorrow (by sew, I actually mean velcro) but will post some photos of the cards I made and then later of our stand....maybe, it looked good but we don't want to give away all our secrets ;-)

In the meantime, you can check out our Muddy Girls blog at www.muddygirls.blogspot.com

Catch you later

A tired but happy Gail

No comments: